Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Little Boy Named Kim...

From my Kim 101 Post:
#33. I looked exactly like a boy in the 7th grade.
(One of these days I'll post a picture and you will laugh.)


Well, one of these days has come. In honor of back to school time, I have decided to put all pride aside and post a picture of myself from the most awkward time of my life. I assure you that is not a picture of my younger brother. It is unfortunately and most definitely a picture of ME in the seventh grade. Apparently it wasn't enough for me to look just like a boy, I thought it would be pretty cool to dress like one too. All I have to say is, man puberty stinks.

11 comments:

. said...

oh. my. gosh.! Kim, you don't look anything like that picture!!! Wow! well, it's impressive that you put that pic up despite your pride. I must admit, I have fat 4h grade pictures and ackward 7th grade pictures. But I am not as brave as you to put them up on my blog. :)

. said...

(that is, your "now" doesn't look like your "then")

Kim said...

Oh, come on Anne! Play along. I wanna see your 4th and 7th grade pics! :)

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are so hilarious. You are totally right about the puberty phase, its such a sad sad time in life. I think my awkward puberty phase lasted a little longer than normal because pretty much all my pictures through grade school are incredibly hideous and embarassing.

Jocelyn said...

Kim -- I am completely cracking up...mostly because I have a picture so similar to that from the 5th grade. Good thing we're so gorgeous now :)

Autumn said...

Um. Your's isn't HALF as bad as My 7th grad pic. Or maybe it was 8th grade. Braces, glasses, growing-out-bangs and a shirt that could also pass for a boys. (I think that was the style then-seriously!!) Yes, puberty does stink. Not sure I'm ready to post that on the www yet.

Shelley said...

Thanks for the laugh Kim! Of course its so funny cuz we all have those "fun" pics... mine was 4th grade...Yeah, I'm not posting it either. I don't want to cause night terrors for anyone.

kcb said...

i went through an awkward boy-like stage too! think it was my sophomore year. bad memories. i don't know that i'd ever post it. you're more brave than me. ;-)

Dan and Shauna said...

Oh man! That is too funny! You have to see Wendy's 7th grade pics now. Ha ha!

Melissa said...

Oh that is hillarious! My 4th grade picture looks like a boy as well, so don't be too embarrassed.

emilyy said...

No way is that you!! I don't believe it. It is probably a pic of your brother or something.