Thursday, June 25, 2009

Waste Not, Want Not

Last week I made this skirt out of a bed sheet. (You'll notice the bottom hem is the top part of the sheet that you normally fold down.) I had been wanting to make a few things out of chambray and just hadn't made it to fabric store. I opened the linen closet and had an epiphany! The fitted sheet from the set was nearly worn to shreds but the flat sheet still looked great and was just the type/color of chambray I had been wanting to buy. I used a pattern I bought a couple of years ago (New Look #6594 , if you're interested.) with just a few modifications. Since the sheet is king size, I still have quite a bit of fabric leftover so I'm thinking a sun dress or a tunic top might be next on my list.

(P.S. I got the cute yellow sandals at Wal-mart! Only $10 and they have them in every fun color under the sun- hot pink, orange, lime green, metallic...)

9 comments:

Nicole Harris said...

1. I love the skirt!!
2. I must get to Walmart and buy a pair of those sandals!

Vanessa said...

That skirt is amazing.
and about the sandals, did you say metallic? I am so there!

kcb said...

love it all! the blouse, the skirt, the sandals, and the way you put the summery outfit together. adorable.

Margo said...

You do not stop. I am amazed. So super cute...

Shelley said...

You're amazing kim! You got some mad skills! ;)

Autumn said...

Awesome! I saw some shoes at Wal-Mart in the winter-I was so surprised-they were SOOO cute.

Melissa said...

You are incredible- I love the skirt- it look so cute- and definitely perfect with the shoes!

ringmaster said...

do they still have the shoes? i love the hem of the skirt!

emilyy said...

you are so talented. That skirt is adorable!