Monday, June 8, 2009

I Have No Business Being on the Road

As I mentioned in my previous post, I hit a parked car going about 30-40 mph on Thursday night. I'm not sure what happened. I was in full auto pilot, watching the green light ahead of me, but NOT paying attention to the four cars in front of it that weren't moving. (Oops!) Everyone involved was physically okay, the only damage to me was to my ego. (Who hits a parked car in broad day light? I wasn't even talking on the phone. Just driving along and BOOM!) However, since I hit the girl in front of me going so fast, she hit the car in front of her, who then hit the car in front of him, who then hit the car in front of him! It was a complete domino and in the end there were three other cars involved. It was a mess and I'm glad it's over. The funny thing is, this is the first car I've ever owned that has been manufactured in the current decade and I've had to file not one but TWO insurance claims within the past month. I'm thinking I should stink to vehicles from the late 80s to mid-90s...I have had much better luck with those.

5 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Kim--that is a sad, sad tale. I almost did the same thing once...ALMOST. :)

Hey, btw, in your last post, I thought that photo was you posing in the dress. I was thinking, "Is Kim a Shabby Apple model now?.." I guess it's been a really long time since I saw you guys!

Vanessa said...

oh kimmy!! I'm glad everyone was okay, and you'll laugh about this one day....(one day meaning one day in the future, probably far in the future).

Thomas Family said...

I'm still partial to your, what was it?...I don't know, I just remember ti was blue, it had a mirror ball, and a lot of "Emphatically NO" blaring out of the speakers. I think you should get another one of those :)

Autumn said...

BUMMER! I can understand about the newer car bit. :(

Jessica said...

Oh no. . . I am so sorry! I know that this happened awhile ago and hopefully the wounds have healed, but I am very sorry non the less.
Thank goodness no one was hurt.
take care-