Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Party Like It's 1999

Over the weekend I attended my 10 year high school class reunion. DJ "Star Traxx" (pictured below) kept the party kicking while I had fun catching up with all my good friends from high school (most of them actually go all the way back to preschool!) I also had fun catching up with the people I haven't kept in contact with. Like the guy who took me to my sophomore homecoming-who, I should also mention, had no idea who I was. Seriously. He acted like I was the 300 pound girl in high school who had lost 200 pounds. Come on. Really? I don't look that much different. Anyway, I had mixed feelings about going but I'm glad I did. Has it really been ten years since me and these punks graduated from high school? Humor me a quick walk down memory lane.
The gang THEN:
L to R: Rachelle, Travis, Rachel, Seth, Me, Kayne, Nicolette

The gang NOW:
L to R: (Front) Rachelle, Nicolette, Rachel, Me
(Back) Travis, Kayne



My date to the reunion- my younger brother Carl and I.
(Jared couldn't make it due to his rigorous study schedule. Carl is only two years younger than I am so he knows most of the people I went to school with.)

DJ Star Traxx:
(Random, I know. But this guy cracked me up.)

My senior prom date (Travis) and I THEN:

NOW:


The End.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love it. I'm glad you went and had fun! You look like a babe by the way. That aqua color looks great on you.

Vanessa said...

oh oh and i totally forgot to ask about DJ Star Traxx...I am very curious about what kind of music he played?? I mean, he screams willy nelson, but perhaps a little 50cent or maybe some guns n'roses? I'm dying here, let me know.
my verification word, is i'm not joking, nessiness

Kim said...

Nessiness. I like it! It sounds like "Your Highness", only it's "Your Nessiness." Isn't DJ Star Traxx funny!? We were all chuckling about him all night. He played your typical dance/loud bass medley-which was completely unnecessary since no one was dancing.

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

AWE! I'm SO glad you had a good time! Carl was having a total blast. I called in the middle of it and I wasn't nearly as interesting. HA! (P.S. Are you guys continuously visiting all-you-can-eat Amish buffets? I swear I feed him when he's home but he's kinda chubby right now. LOL.)

Lindsay said...

That's a lot of Mustang Pride right there. You guys just couldn't handle DJ Star Traxx. My verification word appears to be tudinkle - way more random than nessiness - which is by the way Vanessa - your new nickname! Because is kind of sounds like Vanessiness!

homemoma said...

wow, you guys have changed a lot over the years. i had trouble matching people on the pics (before i read the names, lol)

Autumn said...

That's so fun that you actually went through ALL of school with the same set of friends--I think a HS reunion would be that much more fun. That is TOO funny about your date!! I love the DJ's pic!!!

Melissa said...

Oh man that is awesome! What a great reunion- Christina and I are working on planning ours. I'm not sure how it is going to be. Those are great pictures too- loved them! Glad you got to see so many old friends-- and boyfriends.