Monday, March 31, 2008

Watch Out Julie Andrews


Last night I had a dream I was starring as "Maria" in The Sound of Music. All fine and dandy but here's the dilemma: I was basically putting on the entire show single-handedly. Lucky for me, it was a very condensed version of the real production. (For example, we did the opening scene where she is singing on top of the mountain, the scene where she leaves the Abbey, the scene where she arrives at the von Trapp's...just enough where the audience got the gist of the story but no details.) To make matters worse, I was winging the entire thing: the lines, the songs- everything! But even though I was doing a decent job the audience started to get tired of waiting around for my wardrobe changes only for me to come out, say a couple lines, sing the chorus to a song and then disappear behind the curtain again. (Give me a break- I'm only one person!) The dream ended right before I was about to come out and sing "Doe, Ray, Me" with the von Trapp children. (I must admit, I was a little disappointed because I know most of the words to that song and I knew I could have nailed it- thus redeeming myself with the frustrated audience before I woke up.) But barring that minor disappointment, I was glad the dream ended because the whole thing was starting to get kind of stressful. I'm not sure what this dream means but man am I glad I don't have to put on a one man production of The Sound of Music today. Phew!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

KIm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is UP with this?!?!!??! Just read my post from today-that I wrote before coming over here. Honestly! Is this ca-razy?!?!?!

I love the music from your movie by the way. Nice pic. That would be fun to do all alone.

Jocelyn said...

My dream gig! But with some awesome cast and crew included...