Friday, January 29, 2010

I Love Your Style

I saw this book awhile back in the J.Crew catalog and I think it's right up my alley. Defining/refining my style is a goal I have for post pregnancy. I have always had an interest in clothing and fashion but the trouble with me is, I'm all over the map when it comes to dressing myself. (I think I'm all over the map in a lot of things but I'll just leave it at personal style for now.) I say this because I'm drawn to a little bit of everything: classic to bohemian, super feminine to tomboy-ish, bright colors to all black. I need to figure out a way to rein it in while at the same time making practical choices for my lifestyle. Afterall, I am a stay-at-home mom who could technically stay in my pajamas most days. Anyway, I thought this book might help. I also have some really stylish friends who have their own definite style and always seem to look really put together. Perhaps I'll solicite their advice and post what they have to say on the topic here on the old blog. Does anyone out there have any great style advice? Please share! In the meantime, I'm going to try to hunt down this book at the library.

6 comments:

Sara Lambert said...

thanks for posting this! You pretty much described my closet with yours.

ps: i'm in my pj's in the middle of the day lol

Nicole Harris said...

style advice: don't let yourself think too much. the best outifts I've ever put together were when I was rushed for time and I just had to grab, assemble, and go! ;) If you find this book~~ share the secrets!

Steph & James said...

I think you are one of the most put together stylish fashionista I know! I am the same way about my style though too. There isn't ONE style that I love. I love so many things about so many 'types'. I love a little black dress with pointy toed boots. But I also love a flowy babydoll dress with some cowboy boots!

My advice is to keep being who you are and share YOUR tips with us!

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

On my most recent shopping excursion, my friend pulled out a pretty Banana Republic sweater and I said (verbatum...s.p.), "That's cute, but I'm only interested in clothes that look like I'm sailing..."

kcb said...

i have many things to say on this topic but will draft them and rewrite them in email form so they make sense when i give them to you--if you want them. :-) in the meantime, know i love your style, as do everyone else that's commented. you're classy and cute and tomboyish and that's what creates personal style. style IS NOT wearing one thing but mixing it up with different colours or accessories. style is about being able to pull pieces from different genres or stylebooks and making them work for you. man, i could go on and on on this topic.

kcb said...

kim, did you ever pick this book up at the library?