Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Spy...

a ladder,
a metal scraper,
a spray bottle,
and a pile of ceiling texture that is no longer on the ceiling.

As you can see, my simple kitchen painting project has spiraled out of control. I somehow got it into my head that the ceiling in the kitchen and surrounding areas would look a ton better with a fresh coat of bright white paint minus the gross texture I applied before we moved into the house. I don't think I really knew what I was getting into when I spontaneously started scraping off the ceiling texture in the kitchen last week. Since our main living space is continuous, I have quite a bit of scraping to do. I'll keep you posted.

Note: For those of you who have been in my house and are confused thinking, "I thought the ceiling looked fine before," you would be correct. I really have no business staying at home all day. I get myself into all sorts of trouble.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

No kidding just last night I was wondering if you had decided on a paint color. I'm not a fan of textured ceilings though Jake was SURE I would just LOVE it in our living room. We did it. And I don't like it. I don't know what the big deal is. Though I wouldn't think of taking it down b/c I'm just not that ambitious I am glad that you will end up with a ceiling that I'd prefer in my own house.

And here's another thought. HOW do you do that with kids? I swear I really don't think I could do that. Do the boys climb up the ladder and want to "help"? I don't think I could get anything like that done unless it were nap time. How do work around them?

btw, was it the "stomped ceiling"? And you did it by yourself? Unreal. Was your neck KILLING you afterwards?

Anonymous said...

It's not even winter yet and you're stir crazy! I'm glad you have an understanding husband.

Kim said...

Autumn-
Yes, the project is slow going because I can only do it when the boys are napping. Mitch does okay although he likes to run his trucks through the mess. Spencer, on the other hand, tries to eat the mess. Not cool. The texture wasn't stomped, it wasn't really anything since I did it and I had no idea what I was doing. Jared called it "Knock Down texture" but like I said, I'm the one who did it so it didn't really look like much. :)
It is a pretty grueling project but I am pushing through it thinking how much nicer it will look when I'm done! :)

Dan and Shauna said...

I could totally see myself doing something like that and Dan coming home saying, "what'd you do!" or "how much is going to cost to fix this?"