Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cedar Point is the Devil

Jared and I spent Saturday at Cedar Point. (A pretty intense amusement park for those of you who are not from this area.) We were celebrating our afore mentioned anniversary because I guess nothing says "I'm so happy I married you" like going from 0-120 mph in 4 seconds while going over a 90 degree turn 420 feet in the air. (Yeah. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it's pretty intense.)
("Top Thrill Dragster" : Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

I actually have no idea what I was thinking when I suggested we go to Cedar Point for our anniversary because I'm not a big theme park/roller coaster kind of gal. However, I did manage to have an okay time in spite of the fact that I spent most of the day absolutely terrified. I have a tendency to scream like a little girl on most amusement park rides but I actually kicked it up a notch on Saturday. It's been a long time since I've been on any type of ride and the first one we went on (Maxair) was really quite scary. So much so, that I teared up when they buckled me in! Yes. I cried up until the ride started and then proceeded to scream like a maniac until it was over. The worst part? I was sitting next to a girl who was about 8 years old and she didn't make a peep. I think it was a good thing we went on such a scary ride first because it worked a lot of anxiety out of my system and I managed to hold it together the rest of the day. Although we had a decent time, Jared and I both decided that we're too old for this stuff. The rides gave us headaches and made us dizzy and our backs and legs hurt from standing in line all day. In all honesty, by the end of the day I felt like I needed someone to push me out of the park in a wheelchair. No lie. So here's to five years of marriage and (barely) surviving a day at Cedar Point. I don't think we'll be heading back anytime soon.

6 comments:

Steph & James said...

Amusement Parks may or may not be one of my favorite places EVER! Guess, we won't be planning a double date to there then? :) I haven't been able to go to Cedar Point for two years, and it makes me sad! Glad you had an ok time!

Thomas Family said...

That's pretty funny. I've been to Cedar Point once and had a blast, but I have to say I only went on a couple of rides that were scary enough to almost make me wet my pants. Good job Kim, I'm proud of you!

Autumn said...

HAHA!! That is so funny. I love your account. In the past month I've found myself more scared of heights than normal-I never used to have much fear. I kept wondering if I were to go on roller coasters now if I'd be more scared than normal. Does parenthood do that? I don't know. I hate long lines-especially in heat-but I always love a thrill. I notice the "Mean Streak" logo-isn't that the wooden one? That gave me a serious headache too-really-that was bad.

. said...

happy 5 year anniv! BTW, THe top thrill dragster is the worst/best ride I ever went on. Scott and I went there in 2005 during GOBA. It goes so fast with so much force that I tried to lean over to tell scott, "OH CRAP" but it was all slow motion with the G forces, "OOOOHHHHHHHHH CRRRRRR.." And then by the time I finished the word we were already done. How long is the ride? like 20 seconds?

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

Oh my goodness, the top thrill dragster ride is the single most scary thing I've ever experienced in my life. I would go as far as to say it is now my worst fear. Holy crap. If our hubbies ever decide they want to go to cedar point again, you and I could stay here and choose a less life threatening activity to do.

Melissa said...

Oh I have SO always wanted to go to cedar point!! Every time I would watch those "ten best roller coasters" shows Cedar point was always on there some where. My brother and I have vowed that we will go some day. Too bad Brandon hates them. Maybe we can have our roommate reunion there. Did you hear Christina is having a boy?