Friday, May 13, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I recently realized that I have done very little to document the small town I have called home for the past two years. Marietta in general, is a small, quiet community nestled right along the Ohio river. And although it's not perfect, it has a historic quaintness that especially shines this time of year. Think old brick streets lined with blooming trees and big southern-style homes, a spectacular farmer's market, a small but beautiful college campus and a downtown bursting with antique shops. There are also several museums, tours and historical attractions worth checking out but you have to know where to look. In an attempt to document Marietta, I thought I'd try to share a few of my favorite gems. The first being the downtown shop, Simple Pleasures. Simple Pleasures is a home decor and accessories shop styled much like Anthropologie and offering many of the same items. It's always a happy day when I can pop in for a few minutes and absorb a little interior inspiration. Recently the shop owner was kind enough to let me capture some images to share:






Definitely worth a look, whether you are a local or just visiting for the day:
Simple Pleasures
176 Front Street
Marietta, OH 45750
740.374.8600

6 comments:

halloweencouple said...

love the fabric covered letters

Nicole Harris said...

fantastic documentation!! my favorite little shop!! I get dizzy in there!! :) Go Marietta!! :)

love the pictures!!

Margo said...

Jarren and I had so much fun when we came last year. What a fun little town. It has so much charm. I loved that shop. Do they still have the monogram store. Loved it.

jt said...

So cute. I especially like the fabric letters.

kcb said...

i should very much like to take an afternoon and meander about downtown marietta with you some afternoon [next year] and hop in and out of shops like this delightful one, simple pleasures. looks perfect.

Autumn said...

Darling! What a good idea to photograph it all. Many cute finds!!