Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pom Pom Tutorial

1. I bought packs of tissue paper at Wal-mart/Target for 99 cents per pack. Eight sheets come in a pack. (Note: If you are looking for a larger variety of colors-your local party store is a good resource.)

2. Starting at one end, make 1 1/2-2 inch accordion folds down the entire length of the tissue paper square. (Crease the paper after each fold.) When you are done, it will look like this on the ends:

3. Wrap a piece of floral wire around the center to secure the tissue paper. It also helps to tie a long piece of clear thread to the wire for hanging purposes later.

4. Trim off both ends of the tissue paper like this:

5. When you pull it apart it will look like this:

6. Gently pull the tissue paper apart from the center, one layer at a time.

7. And, in the end you'll have one big, fluffy ball of goodness.

P.S. After I made mine, I located the original tutorial from Martha Stewart. You can find her instructions here.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I love these. . .I will have to make them for Seth's B-day :-)

Tonya Staab said...

I absolutely love these giant pom poms.

I did purchase a box of Martha Stewart ones for a baby shower a while back, but I'm so excited to have a tutorial now to make my own. Thank you.

Autumn said...

I love these! I saw some in Boston too in window displays. Pretty pretty.

Mandy said...

I like your tutorial much better than the Martha Stewart one. It's a easier to follow and better pictures.

Anonymous said...

absolutley gorgeous

Calins

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

Love it! so easy thank you!
I just featured it in my blog:
www.stixnpops.com

Thanks
Elzaibeth

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

Love it! so easy thank you!
I just featured it in my blog:
www.stixnpops.com

Thanks
Elzaibeth

bron @ baby space said...

Loving the poms! Great tutorial :)

CeCe said...

thanks! great how to.. linked it to my blog -

http://jewelersbasement.blogspot.com/2011/01/smell-paper-roses.html

Anonymous said...

GREAT easy step by step tutorial!!! Thanks