Monday, October 5, 2009

Still Life

It's family portrait time so I'm up to my ears in images. I'm actually feeling a little buried at the moment. However, among all the image taking and editing madness, I have really been enjoying still life photography. I used to think it was boring but lately it's been a nice change of pace for me. Instead of dancing around to get people to look at the camera I can take my time and really focus on the light and composition of the shot. My Polaroid is especially easy because there is no thinking about exposure settings or retouching in Photoshop. I also love the character of an old grainy image with a little natural vignetting around the edges. Here are a few recent favorites:



1 comment:

Afton said...

Are those from just a regular old polaroid? I lvoe them, I looove them. Esp the crayons.