Monday, September 14, 2009

Virginia is for Lovers...

or in our case: Virginia is for a car full of cranky people who, for the sake of family unity, decided to cut their vacation short. Seriously. I think my exact words to Jared were: "Let's just go home and forget any of this ever happened." (Lesson learned: small children + long hours in the car + boring sight seeing and shopping upon arriving at desired destination = unhappy children. Unhappy children = unhappy parents.) However, before we pulled the plug on our little getaway, we did manage to see some cool stuff including a very quaint outdoor pedestrian mall, Monticello (the home of Thomas Jefferson), gorgeous views of the Blue Ridge mountains from Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns:









3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

We had a vacation like that this summer. I swear both kids cried for two hours straight on the way home. Now it's funny, but at the time, I thought I was going to loose it.

Vanessa said...

Sorry your trip was lame. I'm so glad you posted a picture of that store, I'm always looking for a place that combines ice, beer and rock climbing instruction.

Autumn said...

Hey even if it wasn't the best trip there are some good pictures!!