Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Project

I have been somewhat lacking in the motivation/inspiration department. Hence the reason for my scarce appearance in the blogging world. Lately, I just haven't been feeling so much "hot diggity!"as I have "ho-hum" if you know what I mean. However, I'm happy to report that things are beginning to look up! The first day of spring is this Friday so I thought I'd celebrate early with a little spring project. I finally got my hands on some chalkboard paint and decided that my first project would be these windowsill spice pots. I'm hoping they will actually grow, if not, at least I have some cute containers to admire in my kitchen. :)

5 comments:

Autumn said...

MMM!! Sounds good. I've had the Target dollar spot's little pots for about 3 years...and still haven't done anything about it. I LOVE cilantro-I imagine having it right in your kitchen would be dreamy.

Anonymous said...

oh this is a great idea.

i painted my labels on last year, but love the chalk idea even more!!!

. said...

I love garden season! But this year, I think we'll let ours lay fallow (for obvious reasons: new baby!)

Dan and Shauna said...

So cute! I have pots on my window sill and it's so nice to just snip, snip when you need a little somethin.

Melissa said...

AHH I love it! Those are so adorable. But I know that mine wouldn't turn out as cute. I'm always tempted to by chalkboard paint- it looks so fun! but I'm worried about what I won't paint with it. I just may go a little crazy :)