Friday, February 6, 2009

28 Things

Inspired by the lists of Andrea at Hula Seventy, I've compiled a list of 28 things I aim to do before I turn 29. Mostly simple things, but things I might not think of or make the time to do unless they are written down. And here they are in no particular order.

1. Have a picnic
2. Go to a drive-in movie
3. Read a classic novel (Suggestions?)
4. Make a mobile
5. Volunteer
6. Reupholster the chair sitting in my garage
7. Buy a film camera and learn to use it
8. Make chocolate covered strawberries
9. Surprise Jared
10. Surprise myself
11. Learn the dance to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (in progress)
12. Grow my own herbs
13. Make a quilt (in progress)
14. Star gaze
15. Take a Photoshop class (in progress)
16. Host an outdoor dinner party
17. Start a collection
18. Visit a new city
19. Buy a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors
20. Attend a live music performance
21. Take back my spice cupboard
22. Ride in a convertible with the top down
23. Take my kids to Tuscora Park
24. Watch a classic movie (I'm open to suggestions here too)
25. Take pictures with Jared in a photobooth
26. Eat at a restaurant I've never been to
27. Create a family photo wall
28. Eat breakfast in bed

4 comments:

Megann said...

Ooh! Love this idea.
And if you really need suggestions for great novels:
Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Painted Veil - W. Somerset Maugham
Or movies:
Casablanca
Gone With the Wind
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Roman Holiday

Mmmm. Makes me want to put on my Snuggie and curl up on the couch. Just kiddin'- I don't have a Snuggie... Yet.

Autumn said...

What a great list. I think you should change your blog title to "Get Inspired". :) This is making me remember to get back to my 101 goals in 1001 days list!

kcb said...

i love lists like this.

1. golden gate park is full of perfect spots for picnics. hint hint.
3. i'm reading anna karenina by tolstoy right now. madame bovary is a great novel. east of eden is on my list.
11. you must videotape this and post it. i wanna see the dance!
14. stargazing is great for stolen kisses...
16. you'll need a cute hostess apron for this event but this seems like a natural party for you to throw.
19. i love my chucks!
23. the merry-go-round at tuscora park is still my favourite. i remember the operator's pipe and his friendly face when he'd help us on the horses. my children will visit tuscora park someday too. i miss it.
24. girl with a pearl earring probably doesn't qualify as classic but it has that appeal and potential. have you seen the birds or high society (bing crosby and grace kelly)?
25. i've always wanted to do this too!
27. i want a family photo wall too. this could qualify for your collection, could it not?

Dan and Shauna said...

I love that you are learning the Thriller dance... that so sounds like something I would do.